Latest Crypto Currency World News

Search and discover the latest Crypto Coins updated Stories in Categories

Every day new articles about Blockchain, Technology from the Crypto Communities!

Logs for the Community Meeting Held on 2020-06-06


<sgp_> 0. Introduction

<sgp_> We would like to welcome everyone to this Monero Community Workgroup Meeting!

<sgp_> Link to agenda on GitHub:

<sgp_> Monero Community meetings are a discussion place for anything going on in the Monero Community, including other Monero workgroups. We use meetings to encourage the community to share ideas and provide support.

<sgp_> 1. Greetings

<ErCiccione> Hi folks

<msvb-mob> Hello.

<kinghat[m]> o/

<binaryFate> hello!

<sgp_> ping needbrrrrrrr90 sarang

<sarang> Hi

<deedledea> Hi!

<sgp_> hello everyone :)

<sgp_> 2. Community highlights

<sgp_> See Monero weekly highlights at

<sgp_> Check out resources at It also has a calendar you can subscribe to for meeting reminders.

<sgp_> We now have a Twitter!

<sgp_> If we have time during open ideas time, please comment on what you want to use it for.

<sgp_> Diego spoke about Monero at the Messari’s Mainnet 2020 conference. Hopefully they eventually distribute a recording.

<sgp_> Does anyone have community (non-workgroup) updates to share?

<sgp_> 3. CCS updates

<sgp_> Funding required:

<sgp_> Norwegian translation of webplate, footers, nav. Menu (1.16 / 6 XMR)

<sgp_> Research post-quantum strategies for Monero (550.06 / 576 XMR)

<sgp_> Ideas (to be discussed):

<sgp_> Swedish cli wallet (3 XMR)

<sgp_> dEBRUYNE and ErCiccione[m] commented on Reddit:

<monerobux> [REDDIT] [CCS Proposal] Lets add support for swedish in to monero cli wallet (self.Monero) | 21 points (82.0%) | 5 comments | Posted by writesofrust | Created at 2020-05-30 - 18:43:13

<sgp_> no comments on this one?

<binaryFate> I don't see much value either, but don't see a reason not to pass it on to funding required

<binaryFate> donors can decide

<binaryFate> 3 XMR is very small, maybe it is a good test run of the CCS system by that person if nothing else

<sgp_> is the gui and website already translated?

<ErCiccione> Not a big fan of that proposal. We don't even know about past experiences as translator and the proposal itself seems quite lazily written

<ErCiccione> let me check that

<sgp_> if they have no past contributions, I think that's a reason to not advance

<ErCiccione> We don't have the website in swedish. We have the GUI, which is almost fully translated

<ErCiccione> i'm fine with people not having past experience with monero if they show some credentials

<sgp_> did they show any?

<ErCiccione> To my knowledge, no.

<ErCiccione> but we didn't ask either

<sgp_> I guess the proposal is on hold then until that is resolved

<sgp_> final comments on this one?

<sgp_> second one:

<sgp_> Sarang: research funding for 2020 Q3 (492 XMR)

<sarang> I'll revisit the amount prior to opening (if this is decided)

<sgp_> I highly doubt anyone will comment against this one

<binaryFate> go go go!!!

<sgp_> indeed

<sarang> Happy to take questions here or as CCS comments

<ErCiccione> I already left a thumb up on the MR

<sgp_> 7 thumbs up now

<sgp_> I think we can proceed since this obviously has universal support

<sarang> I'll check on the amount first

<sgp_> of course

<sarang> So please don't merge just yet

<binaryFate> sarang did you discuss with luigi1111 about the proposed "stable USD amount" buffer?

<sarang> It was briefly mentioned, but not really in any more detail

<binaryFate> Let's discuss and finalize decision before you adapt amount

<sarang> ok

<binaryFate> (decision might be not to use it, no pressure!)

<sgp_> CLSAG Audit with Teserakt and OSTIF (179 XMR)

<sgp_> Teserakt has already done half of the audit on their own decision

<monerobux> Test failed

<binaryFate> lol

<sgp_> no comments?

<niocbrrrrrr> !donate [undisclosed_amount]

<niocbrrrrrr> please and thank you

<sgp_> haha nice

<sgp_> Any other CCS comments before we move on?

<sgp_> 4. Workgroup report

<sgp_> is selsta here?

<selsta> yes

<sgp_> sweet

<sgp_> a. Daemon/CLI/GUI workgroup

<sgp_> go ahead :)

<selsta> Will have to think :P

<selsta> v0.16 was a smooth release and with no major problems.

<selsta> I think we can soon prepare v0.17 with CLSAG

<sgp_> selsta: do you have an ideal release date for 0.17? since it will require a hardfork

<ErCiccione> Good job btw. People are super happy with the new GUI and CLI

<selsta> Not yet.

<selsta> I want to release at least 1 month before the hardfork time.

<kinghat[m]> ya the gui is sexy af

<sgp_> do you want it to happen before this fall?

<selsta> I would guess hardfork 2 months after the audit is done but that might be too optimistic.

<sarang> There will need to be Trezor/Ledger support in place from those teams

<sarang> and they'll probably want a testnet to try it out on

<selsta> We have to give exchanges and other wallets enough time to update.

<dEBRUYNE> Bear in mind that CLSAG also requires changes from wallet providers

<dEBRUYNE> Thus, we have to allow for more time arguably

<selsta> yep

<selsta> We are also thinking about signing the windows and macOS release but that might be a better topic for the dev meeting

<selsta> code certificate signing*

<ErCiccione> yeah. The problem with the antiviruses needs to be at list mitigated somehow. Really bad UX

<selsta> might no not possible to mitigate, but we will see

<kinghat[m]> did one of those hw wallets monero integration get promoted to "full" or "proper" vs just being a side thing?

<selsta> you mean ledger?

<kinghat[m]> im not sure shares this Content with License.

Ledger Nano X - The secure hardware wallet